The Cupcake Porn Kitchen recently made some incredibly naughty Raspberry and White Chocolate Mud Cupcakes! You really have to make these yourself to fully appreciate how much naughty stuff goes into mud cakes that you really shouldn’t eat too often This recipe will make approximately 14 cupcakes.
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 250g chopped butter
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of caster sugar
- 150 grams of white chocolate drops
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries
1. Preheat your oven to 155 degrees celcius, so that it will be ready to go when you have completed all of the following steps.
2. Sift together the flour and baking powder into a large bowl, then set this aside for use later.
3. Open your butter, and proceed to cut it into 2 centimeter size cubes.
4. Place the white chocolate drops into a metal bowl place over a large saucepan of simmering water. We found that using an induction hotplate gave enough fine heat control for us to use a standard pot directly on the hotplate, without the need for a saucepan of water temper the heat.
5. Add the sugar to the white chocolate drops.
6. Add the diced butter to the sugar and white chocolate drops.
7. Stir continuously until the chocolate and sugar have dissolved. Remove the mixture from the hotplate and allow to cool to room temperature.
8. Place 2 eggs into a small bowl.
9. Try that again, but this time removing the shells first Then use a fork to mix the vanilla extract with the eggs.
10. Fold the egg mixture into the cooled chocolate mixture, then slowly pour this mixture into the bowl of flour and combine.
11. Add your frozen raspberries to the cupcake mixture and stir them through gently.
12. Divide the mixture into small cupcake pans before placing them into an oven to cook for approximately 30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
13. Place your very yummy looking Raspberry and White Chocolate Mud Cupcakes onto a cooling tray and try to keep people from eating them all before tea time
Now that you have seen exactly how much sugar and butter goes into the very tasty mud cupcakes, you have to remember to only make them for special occasions
Note: We found that we needed to cook our cupcakes for another 15 minutes longer than the recommended time. We think this was because the raspberries were still frozen when we added them to the mixture, and we do like raspberries so we probably added a few more than we should have.
The Cupcake Porn Kitchen hopes that your Raspberry and White Chocolate Mud Cupcakes turn out a treat